If you are interested in joining or assisting with an Svea Lodge committee, or for any questions regarding committees, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Committees are formed at the Board meeting associated with the first meeting of the year but may be modified as needed during the membership meeting year.
- Lodge members and non-lodge members, as appropriate, may serve on committees.
- Chairs of standing committees (Executive, Nominating, Finance, Membership and Recruiting, Benevolence, and Culture and Programs) must be Board members and serve on all subcommittees of said standing committee.
- Acts on Svea Lodge business.
- Comprised of the officers: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Membership, Secretary, Recording Secretary
- Chaired by the Chairman
- Meets biannually or as needed
Membership and Recruiting Committee
- Establishes protocol for the nomination, selection and ratification of Board members and Board officers, oversees elections, acclimates new board members, and tracks board member and officer history
- Chaired by the Vice Chairman
- This committee handles marketing and promotional efforts (advertising, giveaways, online sales, etc.) to support the recruiting effort.
- Organizes exhibit opportunities and researches advertising and speaking opportunities at various venues.
- Oversees the Facebook page and other social media opportunities.
- Keeps records of the membership
- Assists the Membership Secretary in the execution of his/her duties and addresses membership issues (fees, benefits, notifications)
- Maintains the Wild Apricot membership database and e-mail address database – answering questions about how to use the Wild Apricot software, troubleshooting problems, monitoring posts for unanswered questions or conflicts.
- Chaired by the Membership Secretary
- Responsible for managing the Lodge’s finances
- Chaired by the Treasurer
- Develops community relationships with social service organizations that Svea would contribute to; monetarily and through tangible donations.
- Takes care of the Old Age and Benefit Fund application when a member is in need.
- Keeps in contact with members who are shut-in or ailing.
Culture and Programs
- Organizes and develops programs to enhance the knowledge of Scandinavian heritage; at general meetings and within the community.
- Aims to interest the members and guests in relevant cultural activities.